Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Thielen <da...@windward.net> on 2006/02/03 18:59:08 UTC

[Friday] - finding the Mavens in the Java world

Hi all;

For those of you that have read The
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0316346624/sr=1-1/qid=1138589404/ref=pd_bb
s_1/002-3569767-9990453?%5Fencoding=UTF8>  Tipping Point, this will make
sense (I think). For those that haven't, a maven is a person that trys just
about every interesting program they see, and then tells others what they
think about it. They're the ones the rest of us depend on to tell us what is
worth trying and what new programs we should just skip.

We want to give a free copy of Windward <http://www.windwardreports.com/>
Reports to all mavens in the Java (and .NET) programming world (value
$1,134.00). No conditions or requirements or anything like that. A free
regular copy with no limitations except that they cannot resell it.

Why?

We figure if we give them a copy, they might use it. And if they use it, we
figure they'll probably post or write about it. So we're not asking them to
do anything - but we figure our odds are pretty good they will. (Yes, we
believe that much in our reporting engine.)

So. Any ideas on how to find these people and make the offer to them?

Thanks - dave

David Thielen

 <http://www.windwardreports.com> www.windwardreports.com

303-499-2544

RE: [Friday] - finding the Mavens in the Java world

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
If one were being sarcastic and jaded (although a bit realistic at the
same time unfortunately):

select count(first_name) as c from [postings on tomcat.apache.org] where
unemployed='T' and not_married='T' and no_kids='T'

Since most of us with regular jobs don't generally have time to play with
all the things we'd like to.

(P.S., never do a count on *, it's less efficient :) )

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect

Posted by Daniel Blumenthal <da...@wordchamp.com>.