Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by babloosony <ba...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/11 14:58:01 UTC

java.io.IOException: Type {http://www.as.com/schemas/so}SiBaseException is referenced but not defined

Hi All,

When I feed the below wsdl to AXIS 1.2 RC2's WSDL2Java program  I am
getting a strange error "java.io.IOException: Type
{http://www.as.com/schemas/so}SiBaseException is referenced but not
defined". This wsdl is "validated ok" by XML Spy or any other wsdl
validator. Can anyone please tell me why am I getting this exception
and how to make axis successfully generate
stubs.

<wsdl:definitions
      xmlns:apachesoap="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"
      xmlns:impl="http://www.as.com/wsdl/so"
      xmlns:intf="http://www.as.com/wsdl/so"
      xmlns:tns1="http://www.as.com/schemas/so"
      targetNamespace="http://www.as.com/wsdl/so" >

	<wsdl:types>

elementFormDefault="qualified"
			targetNamespace="http://www.as.com/schemas/so"
			xmlns:tns="http://www.as.com/schemas/so" >

			<element name="hash-map">
				<complexType>
					<sequence>
						<element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" name="entry">
							<complexType>
								<simpleContent>
									<extension base="xsd:string">
										<attribute name="key" type="xsd:string"/>
									</extension>
								</simpleContent>
							</complexType>
						</element>
					</sequence>
					<attribute name="size" type="xsd:int"/>
				</complexType>
			</element>

			<complexType name="SiBaseException">
				<sequence>
					<element name="isAlreadyLogged" type="xsd:boolean"/>
				</sequence>
			</complexType>

			<complexType name="SiWSSystemException">
				<complexContent>
					<extension base="tns1:SiBaseException">
						<sequence>
							<element name="errorCode" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
							<element name="errorMessage" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
							<element name="errorSeverity" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
						</sequence>
					</extension>
				</complexContent>
			</complexType>
		</schema>

elementFormDefault="qualified"
				targetNamespace="http://www.as.com/wsdl/so">

			<import namespace="http://www.as.com/schemas/so" />

			<element name="lg">
				<complexType>
					<sequence>
						<element name="strClientIPAddress" type="xsd:string"/>
						<element name="strUserID" type="xsd:string"/>
						<element name="strPassword" type="xsd:string"/>
						<element name="strResource" type="xsd:string"/>
						<element name="strAction" type="xsd:string"/>
					</sequence>
				</complexType>
			</element>

			<element name="lgResponse">
				<complexType>
					<sequence>
						<element ref="tns1:hash-map"/>
					</sequence>
				</complexType>
			</element>

			<element name="fault" type="tns1:SiWSSystemException"/>

			<element name="lgValidate">
				<complexType>
					<sequence>
						<element name="strClientIPAddress" type="xsd:string"/>
						<element name="strSessionSpecs" type="xsd:string"/>
						<element name="strResource" type="xsd:string"/>
						<element name="strAction" type="xsd:string"/>
					</sequence>
				</complexType>
			</element>

			<element name="lgValidateResponse">
				<complexType>
					<sequence>
						<element ref="tns1:hash-map"/>
					</sequence>
				</complexType>
			</element>

			<element name="authorize">
				<complexType>
					<sequence>
						<element name="strClientIPAddress" type="xsd:string"/>
						<element name="strSessionSpecs" type="xsd:string"/>
						<element name="strResource" type="xsd:string"/>
						<element name="strAction" type="xsd:string"/>
					</sequence>
				</complexType>
			</element>

			<element name="authorizeResponse">
				<complexType>
					<sequence>
						<element ref="tns1:hash-map"/>
					</sequence>
				</complexType>
			</element>
		</schema>

	</wsdl:types>

	<wsdl:message name="lgResponse">
		<wsdl:part element="impl:lgResponse" name="parameters"/>
	</wsdl:message>

	<wsdl:message name="lgRequest">
		<wsdl:part element="impl:lg" name="parameters"/>
	</wsdl:message>

	<wsdl:message name="SiWSSystemException">
		<wsdl:part element="impl:fault" name="fault"/>
	</wsdl:message>

	<wsdl:portType name="SiServicesInterface">
		<wsdl:operation name="lg">
			<wsdl:input message="impl:lgRequest" name="lgRequest"/>
			<wsdl:output message="impl:lgResponse" name="lgResponse"/>

			<wsdl:fault message="impl:SiWSSystemException" name="SiWSSystemException"/>
		</wsdl:operation>
	</wsdl:portType>

	<wsdl:binding name="SiServicesBinding" type="impl:SiServicesInterface">
		<wsdlsoap:binding style="document"

		<wsdl:operation name="lg">
			<wsdlsoap:operation soapAction=""/>

			<wsdl:input name="lgRequest">
				<wsdlsoap:body use="literal"/>
			</wsdl:input>

			<wsdl:output name="lgResponse">
				<wsdlsoap:body use="literal"/>
			</wsdl:output>

			<wsdl:fault name="SiWSSystemException">
				<wsdlsoap:fault name="SiWSSystemException" use="literal"/>
			</wsdl:fault>
		</wsdl:operation>

	</wsdl:binding>

	<wsdl:service name="SiServicesInterfaceService">
		<wsdl:port binding="impl:SiServicesBinding" name="SiServicesBean">
			<wsdlsoap:address location="https://localhost/so/services/SiServices"/>
		</wsdl:port>
	</wsdl:service>

</wsdl:definitions>

Thanks & Regards,
Kumar.

Re: java.io.IOException: Type {http://www.as.com/schemas/so}SiBaseException is referenced but not defined

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
As I said, the error doesn't make sense to me.
I suggest you file a bug report.

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
It doesn't make sense to me. I agree that the WSDL looks valid, and it
passed validation in Cape Clear's WSDL editor, too.

Rather than defining SiWSSystemException as an extension of
SiBaseException, try just defining it directly.

Anne