Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Markus Kirsten <ma...@iped.vxu.se> on 2002/06/11 13:41:55 UTC

Customize Tomcat error pages

How do I configure standard error pages like 403, 404 etc. for Tomcat?

I've gone through the Tomcat documentation breifly but can't find
anything about it.

Markus

Re: Customize Tomcat error pages

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Its part of the Servlet Specification and not unique to Tomcat. Place
this snippet into web.xml to redirect page not found errors to
/errorpage_404.jsp.

<error-page>
   <error-code>404</error-code>
   <location>/errorpage_404.jsp</location>