Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Leo Sakhvoruk <le...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/04 17:40:58 UTC

Tapestry 4.1 dependecies.

Hi,

I'm trying to use Tapestry 4.1 for a new project but I can not find the
dependency libraries required by it on the site. I've seen that it uses
Maven build system now but the Maven plugin for Eclipse leaves much to
be desired (like working period) at this point so I would like to simply
download the necessary libraries manually.

Thanks for your help.

Re: Tapestry 4.1 dependecies.

Posted by Martin Strand <ma...@entcap.se>.
Leo, the plugin won't work at all unless you create a ~/.m2/ directory
(which already exists if you've used maven outside eclipse).
Other than that I've never had any problems with it.

Jesse, have you found a clever way to have project A depend on project B
without having to mvn install project B everytime you change it?
Like, tapestry-contrib would depend on tapestry-framework, but you want
m2eclipse to handle it internally in eclipse without involving your local
mvn repo.

Martin

Re: Tapestry 4.1 dependecies.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I'm curious, what problems have you had with the maven2 eclipse plugin?

I've found it to be very functional and helpful in most cases. I don't use
the feature for adding dependencies on the fly, and I don't particular like
all the recompilation that happens but overall I've been very pleased. (In
that I don't have to manage library includes at all anymore...it's all in
one place, whether using command line or eclipse.)

On 8/4/06, Leo Sakhvoruk <le...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use Tapestry 4.1 for a new project but I can not find the
> dependency libraries required by it on the site. I've seen that it uses
> Maven build system now but the Maven plugin for Eclipse leaves much to
> be desired (like working period) at this point so I would like to simply
> download the necessary libraries manually.
>
> Thanks for your help.

Jesse Kuhnert
Tacos/Tapestry, team member/developer

dojo/tapestry/tacos/hivemind.

Re: Tapestry 4.1 dependecies.

Posted by Leo Sakhvoruk <le...@gmail.com>.
Awesome, thanks a bunch!

Re: Tapestry 4.1 dependecies.

Posted by Rui Pacheco <ru...@gmail.com>.
I downloaded the jars from the homepage.

And I left behind the following jars from 4.0.2:
commons-codec
hivemind
hivemind-lib
javassist
ognl
oro
commons-io - this is new, exception reporting won't work without it.

On 8/4/06, Leo Sakhvoruk <le...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use Tapestry 4.1 for a new project but I can not find the
> dependency libraries required by it on the site. I've seen that it uses
> Maven build system now but the Maven plugin for Eclipse leaves much to
> be desired (like working period) at this point so I would like to simply
> download the necessary libraries manually.
>
> Thanks for your help.

Cumprimentos,
Rui Pacheco

Re: Tapestry 4.1 dependecies.

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com>.
The site contains the standard maven information.
You can find dependencies under the menu "Project
information/Dependencies":
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/tapestry-framework/dependencies.html

Regards,
Norbi