Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Kessler, Joerg" <jo...@sap.com> on 2013/03/18 14:05:38 UTC

PollEnrich using SFTP: What is the meaning of delay, initialDelay in this context?

Hi,
We use Camel 2.10.x. I want to pick up a limited number of files from an SFTP server by one synchronous (WS) call. I use Loop and PollEnrich to aggregate the the message. I have set the timeout-property of PollEnrich to 0 since I expect the files to exist on the SFTP server.  The SFTP endpoint in the PollEnrich tag can have the configuration properties delay and initialDelay. initialDelay seems to have no impact in this context. delay which normally determines the time between to polls seems to influence the behavior. If set to 0 an exception during polling occurs. delay seems to be the time PollEnrich waits for a file that is polled. Is this correct? Is there any other endpoint configuration of SFTP that has impact on the (time) behavior?

Thanks,

Jörg

RE: PollEnrich using SFTP: What is the meaning of delay, initialDelay in this context?

Posted by "Kessler, Joerg" <jo...@sap.com>.
Here is the answer:
PollEnrich always creates an SFTP consumer endpoint that generally uses the configuration provided by the PollEnrich configuration (delay, intialDelay...). The difference is that the poll process is immediately stopped if there is no synchronous request waiting for a file.