Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Thorselius Göran <go...@scania.com> on 2003/03/04 13:08:04 UTC

Ant and Eclipse - more clear

I'm a total newbie in XML, ant and eclipse

I guess I was a little unclear about what I would like to
do, so I'll try and explain it again.

I would like ant to compile Java code written in Eclipse
every night (scheduled job). In other words I don't want
the build to be done from within Eclipse. The build should
be done by a call in for example a .bat-file

I've read an example that told me to write this in my build.xml
<property name="build.compiler"
value="org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter"/>

This doesn't seem to work:
"Compiler Adapter 'org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter' can't be found."

I'm not suprised though, since ant don't know about eclipse.

Now I'm wondering: Is it really possbile for ant to use the built-in
JavaBuilder
in eclipse to compile code OUTSIDE eclipse ?

Re: Ant and Eclipse - more clear

Posted by mm...@gmx.net.
Hello,
I wander where the benefit of this solution would be? Why are you not just
using a .bat file to run ant in the same manner like you run it on the command
line. If you are using ant for your build I suppose, that all the
configuration for ANT is done in the build-file, right? (like CLASSPATH, etc.)
So the solution seems to be easy. If you would like to do some continuuous
integration you can even use tools like cruise control or anthill.

Markus