Posted to user@hive.apache.org by lei liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/09 18:12:02 UTC

Hwo to use JDBC client embedded mode

I look see below content in
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/HiveClientpage: For embedded mode,
uri is just "jdbc:hive://".   How can I use JDBC
client embedded mode? Could anybody give me an example?

Re: Hwo to use JDBC client embedded mode

Posted by Dilip Joseph <di...@gmail.com>.
I have posted an example about using Hive from Jython at
http://csgrad.blogspot.com/2010/04/to-use-language-other-than-java-say.html.
Since the example uses the standard Hive JDBC drivers, it may be useful to
you.

Dilip

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 8:05 AM, lei liu <li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can anybody answer the question?
>
> Thanks,
>
> LiuLei
>
> 2010/8/10 lei liu <li...@gmail.com>
>
> I look see below content in http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/HiveClientpage: For embedded mode, uri is just "jdbc:hive://".   How can I use JDBC
>> client embedded mode? Could anybody give me an example?

Dilip Antony Joseph
http://csgrad.blogspot.com
http://www.marydilip.info

Re: Hwo to use JDBC client embedded mode

Posted by Bill Graham <bi...@gmail.com>.
Yes, that is what is meant by embedded mode. It's as if the hive server were
running locally in the same VM as the client.

Posted by lei liu <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bill Graham <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by lei liu <li...@gmail.com>.