Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Jeremy Mitchell <mi...@apache.org> on 2016/12/12 22:43:53 UTC

regex_revalidate.config

I've created an issue to solicit some feedback regarding the removal of
regex_revalidate.config from the file system. If you are not aware,
regex_revalidate.config is the ATS config file used to "invalidate
content". Storing regex_revalidate.config on the file system makes it
harder to set up a highly-available, redundant traffic ops.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TC-68

Thanks!

Re: regex_revalidate.config

Posted by Jeremy Mitchell <mi...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I also talked to the Comcast team that agreed this had to be done so
here is my PR:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-trafficcontrol/pull/200

^^ please comment on the PR if you see any problems

Re: regex_revalidate.config

Posted by Steve Malenfant <sm...@gmail.com>.

Re: regex_revalidate.config

Posted by Jeremy Mitchell <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: regex_revalidate.config

Posted by Jeremy Mitchell <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: regex_revalidate.config

Posted by Steve Malenfant <sm...@gmail.com>.
Jeremy,

Re: regex_revalidate.config

Posted by Jeremy Mitchell <mi...@gmail.com>.
Obviously, it is going to be slower to pull regex_revalidate.config thru TO
as opposed to pulling it off the file system. The question is...is this
acceptable?

curling to
https://to.domain.com/Trafficserver-Snapshots/cdn-name/regex_revalidate.config

time_namelookup: 0.005