Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com> on 2013/09/11 10:51:28 UTC

help needed to test a patch for Java7 on OSX

There's now a patch (and instructions of a manual stage) to get hadoop to
build on java7 on OSX

before I commit it, I need to make sure it doesn't break on any other
platforms.

Can anyone with Linux, Windows, PowerPC, Arm, whatever (and free time,
obviously) and an openjdk7 or closed-jdk7, apply the patch and make sure
the build still works

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: help needed to test a patch for Java7 on OSX

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
thanks, with that and some linux feedback I'm going to commit it to trunk.
That'll leave me with a household support jira related  to minecraft & Java7

Posted by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@hortonworks.com>.

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 1:51 AM, Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>wrote:

> There's now a patch (and instructions of a manual stage) to get hadoop to
> build on java7 on OSX
>
> before I commit it, I need to make sure it doesn't break on any other
> platforms.
>
> Can anyone with Linux, Windows, PowerPC, Arm, whatever (and free time,
> obviously) and an openjdk7 or closed-jdk7, apply the patch and make sure
> the build still works

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE