Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sloan Seaman <sl...@sgi.net> on 2003/08/20 21:22:41 UTC

FormBean population

I've got a form bean that is of type DynaValidatorForm.

In the past I had been using DynaActionForm and when I wanted to display a form with values already populated (from, say, a DB query) I would link to an action that would populate the formbean and then display then jsp page which would then have access to the form bean's values.

Now that I have switched over to DynaValidatorForm, when I call my action to populate the form bean it thinks it is a submit, does a validation check, and complains that the fields are empty (which they are at the time of the submit because the action to populate the form bean has not run yet).

I think I may be going about this the wrong way.

How does one populate a DynaValidatorForm bean so that a jsp page can display the values and not invoke the initial validation check?

--
Sloan

http://www.messagelabs.com