Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by ami999 <am...@accenture.com> on 2010/11/18 07:29:47 UTC

creating property in beaneditform

hi all,

i'm new to Tapestry, i'm trying to configurebeaneditform using example shown
in http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5HowToCreateAPropertyEditBlock.
but supported links are not working there.
please provide the sufficient information to get the code working.

thanks in advnace

Re: creating property in beaneditform

Posted by Rich M <ri...@moremagic.com>.
On 11/18/2010 02:29 PM, ami999 wrote:
> i'm having list of string and want to create a drop down with that.
> is it possible to do this with beaneditform.

Look into the Select component. It can take a comma-separated String
listing the values for each drop down row. It's pretty simple, I use it
all the time. There is also the MultipleSelect component in case you
want to handle the user selecting more than one option from the drop
down menu.

I'd recommend checking out the components included in the Tapestry Core
in the Javadocs for Tapestry. Most of them are self-describing in their
names and then you can usually look up information about them beyond
that once you know the name of the component.

-Rich

Re: creating property in beaneditform

Posted by ami999 <am...@accenture.com>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 04:29:47 -0200, ami999 <am...@accenture.com>
wrote:

> hi all,

Hi!

> i'm new to Tapestry, i'm trying to configurebeaneditform using example
> shown in
> http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5HowToCreateAPropertyEditBlock.
> but supported links are not working there.
> please provide the sufficient information to get the code working.

Vague questions like this won't probably get useful answers. Anyway, take
a look at http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.1/guide/beaneditform.html.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor