Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Karthik N S <ka...@controlnet.co.in> on 2004/07/15 12:55:53 UTC

Search +QueryParser+Score

  Hey Guy's

 Apologies.....

 I have a Question

Is there any API avaliable in Lucene1.4 to set the "Score value to 1.0f or
lesser "
   BEFORE  doing the Query Parser  for search , so that the returns Hits for
the Score settings only.

with regards
Karthik

Re: Search +QueryParser+Score

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
I don't really understand what QueryParser has to do with your
question.  If you want only Hits that have a score of 1.0 (keep in mind
that Hits normalizes scores if they are over 1.0), why not just walk
all the Hits in order until you get to one that is not 1.0?

Or, use a HitCollector to collect hits (scores not normalized with a
HitCollector) and bail out when you are done.  (although bailing out of
a HitCollector is not as clean as we should make it in Lucene 2.0 - we
should add that to the whiteboard).

	Erik

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Kathik,