Posted to users@felix.apache.org by teemu kanstren <tk...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/18 22:04:38 UTC

httpservice not starting

Hello all,

 I am trying to run some tests on Hudson/Jenkins that start Felix using a
shell script on Ubuntu, connect with HttpUnit to browse some pages, do some
assertions, and shutdown the Felix started from the scripts. This all works
just fine if I run the Ant script on my Windows. It also runs fine if I
start the script on Ubuntu manually using the exact command that the test
cases use.

However, when this is started from inside the test server (Jenkins),
everything else works fine but Felix HttpService does not start. The jar for
it is in the "bundles" directory where Felix loads all the bundles, but my
listeners never pick it up so it seems not to be loading. And from the exact
same configuration running the exact same script manually the HttpService
loads and is found. The only difference I can think of is that manually I
will run it with "sudo" and the server has a specific more limited user.
Well, I do also capture system.out and system.error myself in the Jenkins
case but I would not expect that to hang the HttpService loading. Does the
HttpService require some specific access rights that the Jenkins user is
lacking? Is there some way to debug why it fails to load? I cannot access
the shell since it is run from inside the integration/test server, and if I
run it outside of it there is no issue.. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Teemu

Re: httpservice not starting

Posted by Rob Walker <ro...@ascert.com>.
If I remember correctly, you should be able to enable debug with either
of the following 2 properties in your felix config:

org.apache.felix.http.debug=true
org.apache.felix.http.jetty.debug=true

I forget exactly where debug appears - think it's either stdout/stderr
or via the OSGi Logger service, don't recall exactly which.

I wonder if you may have some TCP port access issue - some platforms
will only let process run by root users use "low ports" i.e. those below
1024.

- Rob

--

Ascert - Taking systems to the Edge