Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mb...@apache.org> on 2012/02/16 20:20:07 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Feb 17, 9 am Pacific Time

Hi,

  We will have our regular meeting Friday, February 17 at 9 am Pacific
Time to discuss JDO TCK issues and status.

   Dial-in numbers are:
   US Toll free: 866 682-4770
   Germany Frankfurt 069222216106
   Germany Toll free: 08006648515
   (Other countries by request)

   To place the call:
   1. Call the toll free number.
   2. Enter the conference number 939-3689#
   3. Enter the security code 1111#

   Agenda:

   1. JDO 3.0.1 release status
   2. News on retire JDO Expert Group mail list?
   3. Delete maven1 config files:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-705.
       Anything left on "Run TCK using Maven2 for consistency" see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-647.
   4. News on new feature idea
http://osdir.com/ml/jdo-dev-db-apache/2011-11/msg00002.html - possible
code contribution from 3M?
   5. Everyone please review the ChangeLog:
http://wiki.apache.org/jdo/ChangeLog
   6. News on JDO-696 "Throw on unrecognized javax.jdo options"? See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-696
   7. What's needed to release 3.1? Go to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10630,
       click "Issues" in the menu on the left and then click "JDO 3
maintenacnce release 1 (3.1)" under "Unresolved: By Version"
   8. Other issues

   Action Items from weeks past:

   [April 8 2011] AI Craig comment on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-617 re the utility of the
update operator.
   [Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to
DataNucleus) it's necessary to rebuild the exectck project before
running tck.
--
*Michael Bouschen*
*Prokurist*

akquinet tech@spree GmbH
Bülowstr. 66, D-10783 Berlin

Fon:   +49 30 235 520-33
Fax:   +49 30 217 520-12
Email: michael.bouschen@akquinet.de
Web: www.akquinet.de <http://www.akquinet.de>

akquinet tech@spree GmbH, Berlin
USt.-Id. Nr.: DE 225 964 680

Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Feb 17, 9 am Pacific Time

Posted by Michelle Caisse <mc...@sonic.net>.
Done.  -- Michelle

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Michelle Caisse, Matthew Adams, Craig
Russell

  Agenda:

  1. JDO 3.0.1 release status

Done and done.

  2. News on retire JDO Expert Group mail list?

The expert group mail list will be retired. Everyone who wants to
continue on the project should join the jdo-dev mailing list. Send a
message to jdo-dev-subscribe@db.apache.org.

  3. Delete maven1 config files: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-705
.

Ok to go. AI Michael look at the files in the trunk, including making
sure that the README is correct.

On a related note, anything left on "Run TCK using Maven2 for
consistency"?  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-647.

Doing mvn install on the tck, there is still an open issue with
missing logger information. AI Michelle open a new JIRA.

  4. News on new feature idea http://osdir.com/ml/jdo-dev-db-apache/2011-11/msg00002.html
  - possible code contribution from 3M?

no news.

,
      click "Issues" in the menu on the left and then click "JDO 3
maintenacnce release 1 (3.1)" under "Unresolved: By Version"

  8. Other issues

JDO-682 sequences are not supported for Derby with DataNucleus. The
SQL for Derby is "NEXT VALUE FOR sequenceName".

Superclass that is not persistence capable. Don't want to persist the
superclass but need to declare the fields as persistent in the
superclass. May be able to define the superclass as persistence
capable but not map it to the database.

  Action Items from weeks past:

  [April 8 2011] AI Craig comment on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-617
  re the utility of the update operator.
  [Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to
DataNucleus) it's necessary to rebuild the exectck project before
running tck.

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo