Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Dion Almaer <di...@customware.com> on 2001/04/05 00:48:34 UTC

Helping with the samples

Hi -

Having the samples area is very important.  I have my soap server running on
a different port than is assumed
in the tests.  While I know I can search and replace, maybe it would be nice
to have ONE place where you can
setup your environment, including the soap server location, and classpath.

For example, take ...\samples\addressbook\test.cmd and change it to:

@echo off
setlocal

rem Edit the setEnv.cmd to setup the soap server location, and soap
directory
call ..\setEnv.cmd

echo This test assumes a server URL of %SOAP_SERVER%/soap/server/rpcrouter
echo Deploying the addressbook service...
java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
%SOAP_SERVER%/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy DeploymentDescriptor.xml

etc... etc...

Then, setEnv.cmd that lives in samples/ would be:

@echo off
setlocal

rem Set the host/port of your SOAP server (e.g. http://localhost:8080
set SOAP_SERVER=http://localhost:7001

rem Set the root directory of soap (e.g. under this directory should be lib,
and samples)
set SOAP_DIR=e:\java\soap-2_1
set CLASSPATH=%SOAP_DIR%;%SOAP_DIR%\lib\soap.jar;%CLASSPATH%

Of cos, we could setup a setEnv.sh for the UNIX dist too.
Just trying to make things easily for people to use.

Dion