Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com> on 2003/02/22 23:30:48 UTC

RE: Help getting EJBs configured on Weblogic 6.1

Hi Shannon,

Have you solved your problem? You mention WL 6.1. I know there was a bug
prior to SP 3 where WL was discarding any jar with dots (".") in the
name. Could that be it?

Thanks
-Vincent

EJB
> to load up some JavaBeans that it then stashes in the servlet's
session
> for
> the duration of the user's visit.  Unfortunately, I can't get my EJB
> deploy properly when I start up Weblogic from Ant.  I can start
Weblogic
> from my usual startup script with exactly the same EJB jars, webapp
files,
> web.xml, ejb-xml, etc. in exactly the same places, and the EJB deploys
> just
> fine.  However, when I startup the server from Ant, I get the
stacktrace
> pasted at the end of this message from Weblogic.
>
> 	The class definition that it's complaining about is in a jar
file in
> my WEB-INF/lib directory, and, as I said, if I start the server
normally,
> it
> has no problem with it.  Also, the EJB obviously compiled just fine.
Can
> anyone make a guess at what's going on?
>
> Shannon Brown
> sbrown@knightridder.com
>

>      [java] <Jan 2, 2003 5:39:12 PM PST> <Error> <J2EE> <Error
deploying
> applica
> tion passport:
>
>      [java] Unable to deploy EJB:
> C:\usr\local\sdp\build\.\config\PassportDomain
> \applications\.wlnotdelete\wlap40588\passport.jar from passport.jar:
>
>      [java] EJB : Service .Unable to initialize method info for remote
or
> home i
> nterface.The error is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/myco/passport/
> serviceInfo/bean/SubscriptionInfo
>      [java]     at java.lang.Class.getMethods0(Native Method)
>      [java]     at java.lang.Class.getMethods(Class.java:742)
>      [java]     at
> weblogic.ejb20.deployer.ClientDrivenBeanInfoImpl.initializeMe
> thodInfos(ClientDrivenBeanInfoImpl.java:941)
>      [java]     at
> weblogic.ejb20.deployer.ClientDrivenBeanInfoImpl.<init>(Clien
> tDrivenBeanInfoImpl.java:210)
>      [java]     at
> weblogic.ejb20.deployer.SessionBeanInfoImpl.<init>(SessionBea
> nInfoImpl.java:103)
>      [java]     at
> weblogic.ejb20.deployer.BeanInfoImpl.createBeanInfoImpl(BeanI
> nfoImpl.java:327)
>      [java]     at
> weblogic.ejb20.deployer.MBeanDeploymentInfoImpl.initializeBea
> nInfos(MBeanDeploymentInfoImpl.java:395)
>      [java]     at
> weblogic.ejb20.deployer.MBeanDeploymentInfoImpl.<init>(MBeanD
> eploymentInfoImpl.java:126)
>      [java]     at
> weblogic.ejb20.deployer.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:858)
>      [java]     at
weblogic.j2ee.EJBComponent.deploy(EJBComponent.java:30)