Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Mattias Jiderhamn <ma...@expertsystem.se> on 2005/12/27 20:24:03 UTC

Avoiding 'Invalid element in ...'

We have a web service client created with Axis WSDL2Java calling a
web service created by another company in .NET. We need to be able to
extend the web service over time without having to synchronize the
updates of our respective system.

If a property is added to a type/bean/DTO on the server part, the
client will issue the well known "Invalid element in" until we have
regerated the client stubs. I would like Axis to just ignore unknown
elements. What is the proper way to do this?
Is there an argument to WSDL2Java to control this behaviour?

Thanks in advance,
   Mattias Jiderhamn