Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Dimp Bhat <di...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/18 18:50:48 UTC

Error running Junit in zeppelin-spark module

Hi,
I'm running the Junits in the zeppelin-spark module. When I run the
SparkInterpreterTest or SparkSqlInterpreterTest, the Junit succeeds but I
see this error on the console:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.spark.scheduler.LiveListenerBus.addListener(org.apache.spark.scheduler.SparkListener)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1678)
at
org.apache.zeppelin.spark.SparkInterpreter.setupListeners(SparkInterpreter.java:163)
at
org.apache.zeppelin.spark.SparkInterpreter.getSparkContext(SparkInterpreter.java:150)
at
org.apache.zeppelin.spark.SparkInterpreter.open(SparkInterpreter.java:432)
at
org.apache.zeppelin.spark.SparkSqlInterpreterTest.setUp(SparkSqlInterpreterTest.java:52)

If you look at the setupListeners() below, it is trying to invoke the
method "addListener" from the org.apache.spark.scheduler.SparkListener
class but when I look at the Spark 1.4.1 API, the addListener() is in
org.apache.spark.util.ListenerBus
<http://spark.apache.org/docs/1.3.0/api/java/org/apache/spark/util/ListenerBus.html>
so looks like a bug to me? Pls. advise.  Thanks.

Dimple
===========================

p*rivate static JobProgressListener setupListeners(SparkContext context) {*
*    JobProgressListener pl = new JobProgressListener(context.getConf());*
*    try {*
*      Object listenerBus =
context.getClass().getMethod("listenerBus").invoke(context);*
*      Method m = listenerBus.getClass().getMethod("addListener",
SparkListener.class);*
*      m.invoke(listenerBus, pl);*
*    } catch (NoSuchMethodException | SecurityException |
IllegalAccessException*
*        | IllegalArgumentException | InvocationTargetException e) {*
*      e.printStackTrace();*
*    }*
*    return pl;*
*  }*