Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sun Shine <sp...@yahoo.com> on 2006/01/30 02:44:42 UTC

question: how to support both MVC and Struts?

Hi,
I'm rewriting an existing MVC project into Struts. I
have to keep the existing servlet name e.g.
'fooServlet' available for 30 days. How can I support
the new 'fooServlet.do' code and also support the old
MVC code 'fooServlet'? (btw, I have to keep the
fooServlet name for the rewrite).

In Struts, do I have to use the "*.do"??

Appreciate any help!
Thanks.

Re: question: how to support both MVC and Struts?

Posted by Aleksandar Matijaca <am...@gmail.com>.
Well, I think you should be forwarding, so as to preserve request
contents...
You may have to write a filter... (also goes into web.xml )

a.m.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@pingsite.com>.

Posted by Aleksandar Matijaca <am...@gmail.com>.
I believe that it must have "some sort" of an extension,
so as to accomodate the processing by the Action servlet.
It does not have to be a .do, but it must have some sort
of an extension -- this get set-up in the web.xml file in the
WEB-INF directory...

Cheers, a.m.

(currently doing a project in JSF (IBM) and not liking it one bit)...