Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Oscar Picasso <os...@yahoo.com> on 2005/11/20 19:21:42 UTC

Configuring Continuum to start automatically on Fedora Core 4

Hi,

 I am trying to configure contiuum to start automatically on Fedora Core 4.

 I have adapted from the documentation because on FC4 we need special comments on the script and FC4 does not have update-rc.d.

 Here is what I have done:
 - added the following comments to run.sh
 # chkconfig: 45 98 2

 - added some echo to debug the script on the run.sh start function
 start() {
     echo "Starting $APP_LONG_NAME..."
     getpid
     if [ "X$pid" = "X" ]
     then
         if [ "X$IGNORE_SIGNALS" = "X" ]
         then
             if [ "X$RUN_AS_USER" = "X" ]
             then
         echo "X$pid"
         echo "X$IGNORE_SIGNALS"
         echo "X$RUN_AS_USER"
                 CMD="$CMDNICE $WRAPPER_CMD $WRAPPER_CONF wrapper.pidfile=$PIDFILE wrapper.daemonize=TRUE"
         echo $CMD
         exec $CMD
 [...]

 - symlinked to run.sh
 cd /etc/init.d
 ln -s /usr/local/continuum/bin/linux/run.sh continuum

 - run chkconfig
 chkconfig --add continuum

 - checked /etc/rc.d/rc4.d and /etc/rc.d/rc5.d
 Both have the following symbolic link:
 S98continuum -> ../init.d/continuum

 - tested the service with
 1- service continuum start
 and
 2- by restarting the computer

 in both cases I get following messages:

 Starting continuum...
 ./wrapper wrapper.conf wrapper.pidfile=./continuum.pid wrapper.daemonize=TRUE

 So the run.sh script is executed. However it does not work.
 - the ps command does not show any process running continuum
 - netstat does not show any expected 'listened contiuum port'
 - if I do service continuum status I get:
 continuum is not running.

 On the other hand. If I do:
 /usr/local/continuum/bin/linux/run.sh start

 continuum is started.

 Any idea?

 Thanks

 Oscar

Re: Configuring Continuum to start automatically on Fedora Core 4

Posted by Oscar Picasso <os...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, I did look at the guide, but  I needed to adapte it to Fedora Core 4 because FC4 does not have update-rc.d and also because the rc file need to have special comments.

Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net> wrote: Do you have look at http://maven.apache.org/continuum/guides/mini/guide-linux-boot.html?

Emmanuel

Re: Configuring Continuum to start automatically on Fedora Core 4

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.