Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com> on 2014/08/12 14:28:45 UTC

Next Stratos Release?

If we are doing New UI + Role based access, IMO we should go with a 4.1.0
release, not 4.0.1 release. Because it has some new features as well.
Considering these IMHO we should do a 4.1.0 against master brach ASAP. All
docker, grouping stuff will going to release against master. May be we can
plan two 4.1.0, 4.2.0 release for both these major (docker and grouping)
features.

IMO considering current status, we may do 4.1.0 with docker (and new UI +
role based access) support first (somewhere in end of sept?) and 4.2.0 with
grouping somewhere in end of nov?

Or, both major features in one with some milestones?

WDYT?

--
Lakmal Warusawithana
Vice President, Apache Stratos

Re: Next Stratos Release?

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 1:16 PM, chris snow <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12 Aug 2014 13:29, "Lakmal Warusawithana" <la...@wso2.com> wrote:
> >
> > If we are doing New UI + Role based access, IMO we should go with a
> 4.1.0 release, not 4.0.1 release. Because it has some new features as well.
> Considering these IMHO we should do a 4.1.0 against master brach ASAP. All
> docker, grouping stuff will going to release against master. May be we can
> plan two 4.1.0, 4.2.0 release for both these major (docker and grouping)
> features.
>
> Agreed, I think 4.0.1 should really only contain fixes.

I too think we have lot of features in-line, and hence we should go for a
4.1.0.

> > IMO considering current status, we may do 4.1.0 with docker (and new UI
> + role based access) support first (somewhere in end of sept?) and 4.2.0
> with grouping somewhere in end of nov?
>
> +1 to docker first

+1 for Docker support for 4.1.0

> > Or, both major features in one with some milestones?
> >
> > WDYT?
> >
> > --
> > Lakmal Warusawithana
> > Vice President, Apache Stratos
> > Director - Cloud Architecture; WSO2 Inc.
> > Mobile : +94714289692
> > Blog : http://lakmalsview.blogspot.com/

--
Best Regards,
Nirmal

Nirmal Fernando.
Senior Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.

Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/

Re: Next Stratos Release?

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: Next Stratos Release?

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

We need to merge documentation section at [1] since we do not do 4.0.1.

Thanks.
[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.1+Clustering

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 3:40 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> Great! Yes that's what I also thought, if we do not have any fixes done
> for major issues we could go ahead with 4.1.0 directly.
>
> Thanks
>

> On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 11:06 AM, Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>
> wrote:

>>> +1 Do we have any requirements to do a 4.0.1 with minor fixes?
>>>

>> We are planing to do 4.1.0 in end of sept, all 4.0.0 fixers are going
>> with 4.1.0 also. If not any major issues, IMO we can live with 4.1.0.
>>

>>> --
>>> Imesh Gunaratne
>>>
>>> Technical Lead, WSO2
>>> Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos
>>>

>> --
>> Lakmal Warusawithana
>> Vice President, Apache Stratos
>> Director - Cloud Architecture; WSO2 Inc.
>> Mobile : +94714289692
>>  Blog : http://lakmalsview.blogspot.com/
>>

> --
> Imesh Gunaratne
>
> Technical Lead, WSO2

Lahiru Sandaruwan
Committer and PMC member, Apache Stratos,
Senior Software Engineer,
WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com
lean.enterprise.middleware

email: lahirus@wso2.com cell: (+94) 773 325 954