Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jose Alberto Fernandez <JF...@viquity.com> on 2000/07/21 00:39:31 UTC

To jaxp or not to jaxp

Ok, I am confused now.

A week ago I was told that jaxp.jar and parse.jar where not needed is you
had xerces.jar in the path.
I have xerces.jar in ant/lib and ANT will still complain about JAXP. I then
added jaxp.jar and parse.jar
and now things work.

So what is the right way? Is there something else I have to do to get ANT
working with xerces?

Jose Alberto

Re: To jaxp or not to jaxp

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Which version of Xerces do you have?  My understanding is you have to
have at least 1.1.2 for JAXP compatibility.

Craig MClanahan