Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Arunkumar <pm...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2018/06/19 19:03:32 UTC

ISR shrink rate & IsrExpandsPerSec issue

Hi All,
I am seeing  IsrShrinksPerSec & IsrExpandsPerSec increases (>0) when one or more brokers goes down and comes back up into the cluster. But the values should get back to 0 once the servers catches up, is my understanding after reading most of the documents. But in our production environment (3 node cluster) these values does not reduce and keeps increasing. This keeps throwing alerts every few seconds. Any insight is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advanceArunkumar Pichaimuthu, PMP

Re: ISR shrink rate & IsrExpandsPerSec issue

Posted by Arunkumar <pm...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Make sense, Thank you Mani. I appreciate your time and effort.

ThanksArunkumar Pichaimuthu, PMP

    On Wednesday, June 20, 2018, 1:18:24 AM CDT, Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

 These metrics are meter type metrics, which tracks  count, mean rate,  1-,
5-, and 15-minute moving averages.
You maybe observing count measure, which gives number of events which have
been marked.
You can try monitoring 1/5/15 miniture averages.

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.