Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Joshua Agudo <jo...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/20 05:08:18 UTC

Install on mac osx

Hi,

Is it possible to install python qpid proton on a mac?
I ran "pip3 install python-qpid-proton" but failed with:

"/private/var/folders/f0/8mtk875s79jcgcy1l590z69m0000gn/T/pip-build-Er8aX6/python-qpid-proton/proton-c/src/proactor/epoll.c:48:10:
fatal error: 'sys/timerfd.h' file not found"

Is qpid proton only supported on linux/windows?

Regards
Josh

Re: Install on mac osx

Posted by George David <ge...@miamisalsa.com>.
I also couldn't install using only pip install.

http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/trouble-connecting-to-Azure-Service-Bus-from-OS-X-td7672153.html

I ended up installing the qpid proton libraries using macports, then I was
able to install using pip. However, I was still unable to use it because it
was unable to connect to Azure Service Bus. I did get it work on Ubuntu
16.04 and Centos 7.4. The easiest way I found to use it on my mac was
through docker. Using the official python image I pip installed
python-qpid-proton without issue. I mounted the root directory of my
project and could test the code on that image. It's wasn't the best
development experience. I used PyCharm to develop the code and used docker
to test it. Luckily for me it was a small project. All I needed to do was
read messages from a service bus and output them to stdout.

-g$

Re: Install on mac osx

Posted by Chris Richardson <cr...@fourc.eu>.
Hi Joshua,