Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Gerard Gagliano <gg...@apache.org> on 2017/11/09 22:12:28 UTC

Needed changes to Kerby as a result of the introduction of the KdcClientRequest

We've been working to make the changes necessitated by the introduction of the KdcClientRequest class and the associated calling parameter changes.

Many data items needed by the authorization data backend code are not included in the KdcClientRequest class as defined in the 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.  Modification of this class to include the necessary data items includes a reference to the KrbIdentity class.

This creates a circular dependency between the kerb-core project and the kerb-identity project.  The circular dependency can be resolved by moving KrbIdentity from kerb-identity to kerb-core.  Another suggestion is to more it to kerb-common.  And another suggestion is to remove KdcClientRequest from package ….kerb.type.kdc as all other classes in that package are ASN1 classes and this is not.

Moving the classes as follows resolves the circular dependency:
    KdcClientRequest from kerb-core, and
    KrbIdentity from kerb-identity
    To kerb-common — package org.apache.kerby.kerberos.kerb.request

In addition, a dependency on kerb-common will be added to kerb-identity.

Without objection, we’ll move these classes.  If there is a better way than this, please suggest.

Thanks.

RE: Needed changes to Kerby as a result of the introduction of the KdcClientRequest

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the patch! It’s in good form. Could you fire a jira for the work and I will do a review in this weekend. Thanks.

Regards,
Kai

Having not created a GIT patch before, I selected all projects, right clicked to access the Team menu, selected Create Patch, and entered a file name. Attached you'll find the resulting file.

Regards,
Richard

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 3:45 AM, Zheng, Kai <ka...@intel.com>> wrote:
Sounds good, Gerard.

I’d like to see your patch and then have better idea. I understand the purpose and the proposed change.

Regards,
Kai

--
Richard M Feezel
rfeezel@gmail.com<ma...@gmail.com>

RE: Needed changes to Kerby as a result of the introduction of the KdcClientRequest

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Hi Richard,

Posted by Richard Feezel <rf...@gmail.com>.
Kai,

--
Richard M Feezel
rfeezel@gmail.com

RE: Needed changes to Kerby as a result of the introduction of the KdcClientRequest

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Sounds good, Gerard.