Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Moshe Matitya <Mo...@Kayote.com> on 2006/04/22 23:43:56 UTC

How to build 0.9.8 on Windows?

How does one build log4cxx 0.9.8 with MSVC on Windows?  I downloaded the source tarball [log4cxx-0.9.8.tar.gz] from http://littletux.homelinux.org/log4cxx/, but there is no MSVC project file in there -- in fact, the entire "msvc" subdirectory seems to be missing.  Yet, there is a zip file containing some Windows binaries [log4cxx-0.9.8_win32.zip].  How are these built?

Thanks,

Moshe Z. Matitya

Re: How to build 0.9.8 on Windows?

Posted by Andreas Fester <af...@apache.org>.
Matthew Kanwisher wrote:
> > I used svn head, but there was an ANT build file(its a bit tricky to

The same is true for the dist-tarball at
http://littletux.homelinux.org/log4cxx/  :-)

All you should have to do is to call "ant" in the log4cxx-0.9.8
directory.

Best Regards,

	Andreas

Re: How to build 0.9.8 on Windows?

Posted by Matthew Kanwisher <Ma...@kanwisher.com>.
I used svn head, but there was an ANT build file(its a bit tricky to setup
for cpp), and you can use that to compile with msvc you wont get project
files but it works fine.

--
If video games influenced youth, all the kids who played Pac-Man would spend
all their time walking around in dark rooms listening to electronic music