Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Charlie Smith <Sm...@ldschurch.org> on 2004/01/08 23:06:54 UTC

[users@httpd] favorite web analyzing s/w?

I'd like to know what favorite web analyzing open source there is out there.
Would appreciate any opionions, especially from Stas and major contributors to this forum.

Running on Red Hat 8 with Apache 1.3.28, mod_perl 1.28, Oracle::DBD

This message may contain confidential information, and is intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.

Re: [users@httpd] favorite web analyzing s/w?

Posted by Aaron W Morris <aa...@mindspring.com>.
Charlie Smith wrote:

> I'd like to know what favorite web analyzing open source there is out there.
> Would appreciate any opionions, especially from Stas and major contributors to this forum.
>

> Running on Red Hat 8 with Apache 1.3.28, mod_perl 1.28, Oracle::DBD

1.  AWStats - Very pretty, but not good for sites that generate a lot of
hits since it is written in perl (can be slow with large log files), has
to read logs in order (meaning logs from multiple front-end web servers
have to be combined with included perl script before processing).  Runs
on just about any platform.

2.  Analog - Written in C, very fast, can read compressed logs,
extrememly configurable, can read logs out of order.  Runs on just about
any platform.

--
Aaron W Morris <aa...@mindspring.com> (decep)