Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Raymond Domingo <ra...@domingo.nl> on 2006/05/01 16:31:30 UTC

how to specify encodingStyle ?

Hello,

Is there really no way to enable encodingStyle when using rpc literal ?

In the request I recieve from some (soap) client there is an encodingStyle,
but the response from my axis server has no encodintStyle. I suspect this is
the cause why my clients to throw an exception.

client request:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
    <SOAP-ENV:Body>
        <ns1:adHocVragen xmlns:ns1="LRDServiceSOAP.xml"
SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/literalxml">
            <parameters>

server response:
    <soapenv:Body>
        <adHocVragenResponse xmlns="LRDServiceSOAP.xml">
            <parameters xmlns="">

Any hints please ?

thnx
raymond domingo

Re: how to specify encodingStyle ?

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
See the WS-I Basic Profile section 3.1.6:
http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/BasicProfile-1.1-2004-08-24.html#SOAP_encodingStyle_Attribute

3.1.6 SOAP encodingStyle Attribute

The soap:encodingStyle attribute is used to indicate the use of a particular
scheme in the encoding of data into XML. However, this introduces
complexity, as this function can also be served by the use of XML
Namespaces. As a result, the Profile prefers the use of literal, non-encoded
XML.

 R1005 An ENVELOPE MUST NOT contain soap:encodingStyle attributes on any of
the elements whose namespace name is "
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/".

 R1006 An ENVELOPE MUST NOT contain soap:encodingStyle attributes on any
element that is a child of soap:Body.

 R1007 An ENVELOPE described in an rpc-literal binding MUST NOT contain
soap:encodingStyle attribute on any element that is a grandchild of
soap:Body.

Posted by Raymond Domingo <ra...@domingo.nl>.
Thank you for responding.

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.