Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Tom Kaitchuck <Ka...@amazon.com> on 2006/11/02 20:50:28 UTC

Catching exceptions

Just for fun a made a little script that searched the activemq source
for a catch blocks with no code or comments inside them. I was somewhat
disturbed to find that there were hundreds of these throughout the code,
many that are catching on Throwable. There are 58 in
activemq-core/src/main/java alone. It seems to me that at the very least
these should log the exception to DEBUG, so as to provide some
viability. Is there some reason this has not been done?