Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by F Grahame Murray <gr...@sri.com> on 2000/02/04 03:19:43 UTC

Assigning Port != 8080

Ok, I'm trying to run Tomcat on a port other than 8080, which seems to
be the default.  I grepped in the /conf directory, and changed all the
8080's I could find, cept in the faq and such.  Regardless, when I
launch tomcat, it binds to 8080.  What is up?  Is there a hidden conf,
or did someone force 8080 for this build?

I'm using the latest build, (2/3 17:43).  I tried to use the 3.1M1, but
I had other issues with that.

thanks,
grahame

--
grahame murray <gr...@sri.com>
Flash memory is memory that sneaks up on you and then shows you all of

Re: Assigning Port != 8080

Posted by "Steve A. Olson" <St...@ait-inc.com>.
Try looking at the server.xml file that is in the main tomcat directory .. the
directory where you run startup.sh and shutdown.sh

--Steve

F Grahame Murray wrote:

> Ok, I'm trying to run Tomcat on a port other than 8080, which seems to
> be the default.  I grepped in the /conf directory, and changed all the
> 8080's I could find, cept in the faq and such.  Regardless, when I
> launch tomcat, it binds to 8080.  What is up?  Is there a hidden conf,
> or did someone force 8080 for this build?
>
> I'm using the latest build, (2/3 17:43).  I tried to use the 3.1M1, but
> I had other issues with that.
>
> thanks,
> grahame
>
> --
> grahame murray <gr...@sri.com>
> Flash memory is memory that sneaks up on you and then shows you all of
> its contents without your permission.
>                                         --- "The Cube" : Forum 2000

Steve A. Olson, President (mailto:steve.olson@ait-inc.com)
Applied Information Technologies, Inc. (http://www.ait-inc.com)
Direct Line: 410-531-7690
Fax: 410-531-7691

Re: Assigning Port != 8080

Posted by Brill Pappin <br...@jmonkey.com>.
check out the most current version from CVS... it has all the pieces...

- Brill Pappin
  www.jmonkey.com

Re: Assigning Port != 8080

Posted by Lachlan O'Dea <lo...@vet.com.au>.
On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 06:35:31PM -0800, F Grahame Murray wrote:
> This build has everything in subdirectories.  So, there's conf, bin,
> lib, etc.  I guess bin is the only new one, but there are no files,
> except LICENSE in the root directory of tomcat.  I've edited server.xml
> (even server.dtd, cuz it has a default), tomcat.xml, and
> connector.properties, all to no avail.

Try using the -f switch to explicity tell Tomcat which server.xml file
to use. Eg:

bin/startup.sh -f conf/server.xml

--
Lachlan O'Dea <ma...@vet.com.au>   Computer Associates Pty Ltd
Webmaster                                   Vet - Anti-Virus Software

"No, no, there is no why." - Yoda, Jedi Master

Re: Assigning Port != 8080

Posted by F Grahame Murray <gr...@sri.com>.

Re: Assigning Port != 8080

Posted by "Steve A. Olson" <St...@ait-inc.com>.