Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Rhodes, Phillip C." <Ph...@alcoa.com> on 2002/03/12 16:26:33 UTC

make mod_proxy a greedy thief?

Hi,
I am running mod_proxy and mod_jrun

mod_jrun is configured to run /*.jsp files
mod_proxy is configured to proxy /example/* requests.

To help understand this in other terms...you could probably substitute
mod_perl here for mod_jrun and ask yourself this simple question...
How would you run some perl scripts remotely via mod_proxy, yet still run
some perl scripts locally where they both have the same extension?
/remote/test.pl is handled by mod_proxy
Any *.pl not in /remote is handled by local mod_perl

Getting back to my original mod_jrun/mod_proxy problem:
Sometimes the "/example/" url has a jsp file, as in "/example/test.jsp"
When this happens, I still want mod_proxy to handle it, and NOT jrun

I edited my httpd.conf file to load the modules in a specific ordering, so
that mod_proxy gets first dibs.
However, it seems that after mod_proxy handles it, mod_jrun is still being
given the opportunity to handle the request, resulting in a 404
To explain, the jsp file is in the remote application that we are using
mod_proxy for.

So if it has "/example" in the URL, I want it to go to mod_proxy with no
further processing.

LoadModule jrun_module136 "/ale/app01/sh30/modules/libexec/mod_jrun30sp0.so"

ClearModuleList
AddModule mod_so.c
AddModule mod_status.c
AddModule mod_dir.c