Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jay Turberville <ja...@studio522.com> on 2002/04/21 19:18:16 UTC

couldn't create child process: 22505 - Apache/2.0.35(Win32)

I get this when running any perl script from the folks who put together the
Ikonboard forum scripts.  (http://www.ikonboard.com).  I can, however, run a
simple printenv.pl script successfully.

This really looked like a server problem so I installed Apache 1.3.24 and I
can run the script fine (it also runs fine from the command line).  In fact,
all of the Ikonboard software ran and installed quite smoothly via the web
browser configuration tools with 1.3.  I'm running Activstate Perl 1.56 and
am using the same Perl installation regardless of which version of Apache is
running.

This is the Ikonboard test script curently "running" on Apache 2.0.35 at:
http://65.101.17.183:8000/cgi-bin/ibtest.pl

The results should look something like this:
http://65.101.17.183:8000/ibtest.html

You can see that Perl is working by going to:
http://65.101.17.183:8000/cgi-bin/printenv.pl

Any clues greatly appreciated.  I would be happy to post any further info
that would be useful or run any reasonable tests.  I am not a programmer, so
frankly I'm not up to modifying and compiling code at this time.

I'd rather run the latest Apache version since it is supposed to be better
optimized for the Win32 environment.

Thanks

Jay Turberville

RE: Test - is the list still up? Please ignore.

Posted by Matt Hillebrand <ma...@medmarket.com>.
Yeah, it works.

Posted by Jay Turberville <ja...@studio522.com>.