Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "R.C. Hoekstra" <r....@erasmusmc.nl> on 2016/03/17 22:03:39 UTC

scxml: nested custom actions

Hi Ate, Woonsan,

Is there a way to access nested child actions from a parent custom action in scxml?

In version scxml-2.0-M1 I could do this in the onexecute of a custom action:

for (Action action : getParent().getActions()) {
       if (action instanceof MyChildAction) {
              // do things with child action

In M1 the Executable.getActions() would list all actions, also the nested child actions contained in a parent action.  In the most recent code the Executable.getActions() only lists the parent action, NOT it's children.

I want to do something like this:

<onentry>
         <ntd:parentAction>
                    <ntd:childAction ... />
                    <ntd:childAction .../>
         </ntd:parentAction>
</onentry>

So how to access the childActions from the parentAction's onExecute?

thanks in advance,

Rinke

Re: scxml: nested custom actions

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org>.
Hi Rinke / Ate,

It looks like it has been changed as of SCXML-213 [1] with commit
eba2b2899787ef0476c1dd8852aba5b0adb4f5f3.
SCXMLReader#readCustomAction() seems to ignore the possibility of
nested custom actions by invoking #skipToEndElement(reader).
@Ate, is it probably a regression? (custom actions are commons-scxml
specific, not having to be compliant with scxml spec)

Regards,

Woonsan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SCXML-213