Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by java <ja...@nilling.nl> on 2003/07/24 23:41:30 UTC

Clientside Handlers

Hi,
I have a question about handlers. I'm reading the book Axis Next
Generation Java SOAP and it is mainly focused on the server part. But
basicly I use only the clientside part, since the "webservice" is
already in place. Since this server don't like namespaces and I can't
get rid of it in Axis, I want to write a Handler that strips it out when
sending a soap message to the server and put it back on when getting the
response .

So I here are my questions:
1. Is it possible to strip of the soapenv / body tags from a message
before sending? And put it back on when recieving the response?
2. Can I add a Handler to the client engine. Since I tried:

            org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService service =
locator.getEngine().getClientEngine().getService("http://www.nilling.nl/message.wsdl");
            service.addHandler(new
nl.nilling.soaphandler.NoNamespaceHandler());

which ends up with a null exception

I need an answer on the second question the most. The first is just a
matter of trying.

Thanks,

Johan

--
Nilling Software Design
Postbus 43

Measuring marshalling and network times

Posted by Luís Fraga <lf...@mobicomp.com>.
Hi there,

I am using an axis client (1.1) to exchange XML documents (rpc-enc) with
an oracle 9ias soap server.
The documents can reach up to 3Meg and very often the platform's
performance is really slow.
Is there any way of measuring marshalling, unmarshalling and network
times on Axis clients?

Cheers,
    Luís