Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by isa olmez <is...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/04 09:03:55 UTC

Pass coordinator properties to workflow params

Configuration properties specified in coordinator job are not seen in
workflow's param tags.

Coordinator:

<action>
    <workflow>
      <app-path>${workflowRoot}/report_action.xml</app-path>
      <configuration>
        <property>
         <name>OUTPUT_COORD</name>
         <value>${workflowRoot}/2014_05_01</value>
        </property>
      </configuration>
    </workflow>
  </action>

Workflow:

<action name="pig-node">
      <pig>
        <param>OUTPUT=${OUTPUT_COORD}</param>
      </pig>
      <ok to="end"/>
      <error to="fail"/>
</action>

What I get is 'EL_ERROR', variable OUTPUT_COORD cannot be resolved.

What could be the problem?

Re: Pass coordinator properties to workflow params

Posted by isa olmez <is...@gmail.com>.
In this post, it states that it should be possible:
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2013/01/how-to-schedule-recurring-hadoop-jobs-with-apache-oozie/