Posted to users@maven.apache.org by AlexElba <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2009/02/19 02:48:29 UTC

Maven jar problem

Hello,
I am experiencing weird problem when I am using maven.

When I am using Windows and building jar file and using that jar in other
project all other resources specified in pom getting to my .m2 automatically
and in other project I don't need to include them second time.

When the same jar I am building on UNIX and trying to include it to the
project resources from that jar are not getting in.

Any idea what am I doing wrong in UNIX?

In both places I am running from command line "mvn clean install" and both
places I have  maven 2.0.8

Thank you

Re: Maven jar problem

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> I have project A
> which has dependencies on C jar and D jar
> and I have project E which is using A.
> If I am building the jar in Windows I will get C D in my repo and my maven
> automatically but if the same jar was build on UNIX I will not get them at
> all. To be able use jar A I will need to include manually C and D

Same Maven versions?
Same JVM versions?
Identical/updated pom files on both servers?
There's no obvious explanation to help your issue, sorry.

Wayne

Re: Maven jar problem

Posted by AlexElba <ra...@yahoo.com>.

Wayne Fay wrote:

>> Any idea what am I doing wrong in UNIX?
>
> Unix cares more about upper/lower-casing of file names than Windows
> does. Is this perhaps related to your problems?
>
> Wayne

Not really.

For example

Re: Maven jar problem