Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Koert Kuipers <ko...@tresata.com> on 2012/08/26 19:47:45 UTC

ethernet bonding / 802.3ad / link aggregation

we are looking at channel bonding / link aggregation (2 x 1 Gbit/s) on our
hadoop slaves.
what is the recommended bonding mode? i found some references to mode 4
(802.3ad, hardware based) and to mode 6 (balance-alb, software based) in
hadoop mailing lists.
thanks! koert

Re: ethernet bonding / 802.3ad / link aggregation

Posted by Koert Kuipers <ko...@tresata.com>.

Posted by Koert Kuipers <ko...@tresata.com>.
Increase throughput

Posted by Koert Kuipers <ko...@tresata.com>.
Increase throughput

Posted by Koert Kuipers <ko...@tresata.com>.
Increase throughput

Posted by Raj Vishwanathan <ra...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Koert Kuipers <ko...@tresata.com> wrote:

> Thanks! I will post results. What is the recommended way to measure it? (I
> am on Centos 5.x)

Use iperf between the hosts that have bonded interface.

Posted by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raj Vishwanathan <ra...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Raj Vishwanathan <ra...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com>.