Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Nisar <ju...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/08 12:25:55 UTC

Regarding RabbitMQ cluster implementation

Hi Team

I would like to implement a rabbitMQ cluster using the available rabbitMQ
broker entity.

Is this possible through YAML or do I need to create my own custom entity
for RMQ.

Can you please suggest some documentation or support.

Regards
Nisar

Re: Regarding RabbitMQ cluster implementation

Posted by Gowri LN <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

Any update on the examples?

Thanks,
Gowri

Posted by Alex Heneveld <al...@cloudsoftcorp.com>.
Hi Nisar,

Welcome!  I don't know if anyone has looked at a clustered Rabbit
deployment but we'd be very happy to help and we'd definitely welcome
this as a contribution to Brooklyn.

What's the process for clustering Rabbit (leaving aside Brooklyn)?

The usual process -- whether in YAML or Java -- is for a cluster to use
an aggregating enricher to collect the addresses of the members then at
each node use config pointing at that, then to use the Joiner enricher
with a max/min to build the string which is given to each node to set up
its config file or CLI arguments. Also the DynamicCluster lets you
specify a different firstMemberSpec from memberSpec if that is needed.
There might be some minor changes needed to
brooklyn.entity.messaging.rabbit.RabbitBroker to allow it to take
configuration for peers.

I know these instructions are quite dense and we don't yet have good
documentation for this but some of the folks on IRC can field
questions.  (I'll be on leave for the next two weeks -- roll on holiday!
-- but when I get back I'll be posting some examples of this.)

Best
Alex

On 08/07/2015 11:25, Nisar wrote:
> Hi Team
>
> I would like to implement a rabbitMQ cluster using the available rabbitMQ
> broker entity.
>
> Is this possible through YAML or do I need to create my own custom entity
> for RMQ.
>
> Can you please suggest some documentation or support.
>
> Regards
> Nisar

message after it was sent.