Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net> on 2008/03/29 22:46:15 UTC

Fixing not finding "maven-resources-plugin"

I know very little about maven2.  I'm trying to step through a Struts2
tutorial (Ian Roughley's book).

After executing the following:

mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.fdar.apress.s2
-DartifactId=struts2-starter -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.struts
-DarchetypeArtifactId=struts2-archetype-starter
-DarchetypeVersion=2.0.9-SNAPSHOT
-DremoteRepositories=http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository

I then did "mvn jetty:run", and it said:

	The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin'
does not exist or no valid version could be found

What would be the correct way to resolve this?  Could the original
command-line have been amended to avoid this in the first place?

RE: Fixing not finding "maven-resources-plugin"

Posted by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net>.
That appeared to resolve the problem.

________________________________

> I know very little about maven2.  I'm trying to step through a Struts2
> tutorial (Ian Roughley's book).
>
> After executing the following:
>
> mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.fdar.apress.s2
> -DartifactId=struts2-starter -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.struts
> -DarchetypeArtifactId=struts2-archetype-starter
> -DarchetypeVersion=2.0.9-SNAPSHOT
> -DremoteRepositories=http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository
>
> I then did "mvn jetty:run", and it said:
>
>       The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin'
> does not exist or no valid version could be found
>
> What would be the correct way to resolve this?  Could the original
> command-line have been amended to avoid this in the first place?

Can you try mvn -U jetty:run instead?

Re: Fixing not finding "maven-resources-plugin"

Posted by Kedar Mhaswade <Ke...@Sun.COM>.