Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Tony Opatha <to...@yahoo.com> on 2003/09/04 13:12:48 UTC

Namespace handling in AXIS 1.1 using Doc/Lit style SOAP messages

Is there a way in AXIS to support only inclusion of namespace prefix for elements that
are defined in a namespace that is not the default namespace rather than explcitly
including the complete i.e., fully qualified namespace for each sub-element of the
document instance that is included in the SOAP Body?

I would presume that either based on the XSD schema spec of the document and/or
the WSDL interface spec AXIS would be able to use the namespace prefix to identify
that a particular element is associated in a particular namespace.

If this is not possible in AXIS 1.1 is there a plan to support prefix option rather
explicit use of complete NS in the future?

Thanks.

Re: Namespace handling in AXIS 1.1 using Doc/Lit style SOAP messages

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
Tony,

I don't understand what you asking.

Axis doesn't define a default namespace in its SOAP messages. Are you
asking if you can have a switch to tell Axis define the default namespace
to the soap namespace, e.g.,
xmlns="<http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
and not use the soapenv: prefix?

I'm of the opinion that you should not use default namespaces and that you
should use prefixes for all Qnames.

Anne