Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org> on 2015/03/24 15:38:14 UTC

Travis-CI builds queuing up

Hi guys,

the build queue on travis is getting very very long. It seems that it takes
4 days now until commits to master are build. The nightly builds from the
website and the maven snapshots are also delayed by that.
Right now,  there are 33 pull request builds scheduled (
https://travis-ci.org/apache/flink/pull_requests), and 8 builds on master:
https://travis-ci.org/apache/flink/builds.

The problem is that travis accounts are per github user. In our case, the
user is "apache", so all ASF projects that have travis enabled share 5
concurrent builders.

I would actually like to continue using Travis.

The easiest option is probably asking travis if they can give the "apache"
user more build capacity.

If thats not possible, we have to look into other options.

I'm going to ask Travis if they can do anything about it.

Robert

Re: Travis-CI builds queuing up

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
Yes, please. Would be interesting to know approximately when they implement
to extend the capacity for Apache repositories and how large it is going to
be.

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Great!

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Now there is a blog post on the update:
https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/apache_gains_additional_travis_ci
It seems that Apache now has 30 concurrent builds and is a paying Travis
user/customer.

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
)

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
Very nice. Thanks Robert!

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Awesome news!

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
That's good idea.

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.
Let's see what Travis replies to Robert, but in general I agree with Max.

Travis helped a lot to discover certain race conditions in the last weeks... I would like to not ditch it completely as Max suggested.

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
Hey!

Posted by Márton Balassi <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
If we could not get more capacity we could set up ASF Jenkins instead.
It is already used to power CI for many ASF projects like Hadoop so should
not be too shabby.

I have created ticket for Flink to setup ASF Jenkins but have not found
time to work on it.

- Henry