Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Sergei O . Naumov" <na...@r-style.donpac.ru> on 2000/11/21 16:41:34 UTC

Help on Cocoon + DbPrism + CORBA!

Hi!
I am now trying to project the general structure of a web application based
upon 8i. The problem I am having are, actually, in figuring out how my
middle tier would be made. What we want is to implement our business logic
in Java and being able to export it out through CORBA. I looked at Cocoon and
DbPrism but could not really figure out how to use them and Visigenic that
comes in 8i.

As you can see, I am somewhat confused. Can anyone point me to any direction
that would enlighten me?

Thanks much in advance,
                                Sergei

Re: Help on Cocoon + DbPrism + CORBA!

Posted by "Ochoa Marcelo F." <mo...@ieee.org>.
Sergei O . Naumov wrote:

> Hi!
> I am now trying to project the general structure of a web application based
> upon 8i. The problem I am having are, actually, in figuring out how my
> middle tier would be made. What we want is to implement our business logic
> in Java and being able to export it out through CORBA. I looked at Cocoon and
> DbPrism but could not really figure out how to use them and Visigenic that
> comes in 8i.

   There are two possible solution here:   - Write a new adapter for dbprism
which act as Corba launcher.
   - Write java stored procedures which works a wrapper of corba objects.

  For the first option is necessary writes a new Adapter for DB Prism to
implement a corba Launcher, this corba launcher could be interpret DB Prism
DAD information to localize the namespace for corba object and the syntax of
dbprism for calling the Corba methods, hiding the corba complexity.
  For the second solution - I prefer it - you could make Java Stored procedure
which use the Oracle 8i Visibroker to localize the corba objects. With this
approach you has this benefits:
    - Use Oracle 8i as back end for corba objects - Oracle moves in this
direction - moving the enterprise objects from the middle tier to the database
tier which provides a better runtime environment.
    - Use the security manager of the database to control de access of the corba
objects, when you calls a Java Stored procure with DB Prism you pass for the
security manager of the database and the its possible to sets grants of
execution based in the hierarchical role systems of the DB.

  You could get more feedback from the dbprism groups at egroups.com, subscribe
sending an email to: dbprism-subscribe@egroups.com

> Thanks much in advance,
>                                 Sergei