Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Bogdan <bg...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/10 15:37:38 UTC

log4j2.properties file locked in Tomcat 8.0

Hello,

When undeploying my webapp in tomcat i get the following error:

FAIL - Unable to delete [web-app-name]. The continued presence of this
file may cause problems.

As far as I understand is because the file remains lock and it will be
unlocked after the JVM closes.

I used on the destroy method of my servlet LogManager.shutdown() but
it seems that the file still remains locked.

The log4j version is 2.6.2.

The libraries I used are:

log4j-1.2-api-2.6.2.jar
log4j-api-2.6.2.jar
log4j-core-2.6.2.jar

The solution using antiResourceLocking=true in context.xml of tomcat
is not desired because the deployed webapps will be copied to the temp
folder and removed after shutdown which is not an option.

Is there some method to use antiResourceLocking on specific files? Or
is there any other workaround for this issue?

Thanks,

Bogdan

Re: log4j2.properties file locked in Tomcat 8.0

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
Also, what is your Log4j2 configuration? Some file appender configurations result in file locking.

(Shameless plug) Every java main() method deserves http://picocli.info

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
Is this on Windows?
Have you tried to find what file exactly is being locked with a tool like Process Explorer from SysExternals (now Microsoft): https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer