Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by Dan Burkert <da...@apache.org> on 2016/10/07 21:00:41 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.0.1 RC1

Hi,

We're happy to announce the first release candidate for Apache Kudu 1.0.1.

This release includes bug fixes and documentation updates since the 1.0.0
release.

The is a source-only release. The artifacts were staged here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/kudu/1.0.1-RC1/

It was built from this tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kudu.git;a=commit;h=e60b610253f4303b24d41575f7bafbc5d69edddb

The release notes can be found here (the release notes on kudu.apache.org
will be updated with the release):
https://github.com/apache/kudu/blob/branch-1.0.x/docs/release_notes.adoc

KEYS file:
https://www.apache.org/dist/kudu/KEYS

I'd suggest going through the README, building Kudu, and running the
unit tests.

Please try the release and vote; vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

Thanks,

- Dan

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.0.1 RC1

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
+1

I downloaded the tarball, compiled  everything and ran the tests on RHEL6
(100% passed).

I also deployed custom packages on a 4 nodes EC2 cluster, modified YCSB to
use the 1.0.1 jar, inserted 10M rows, ran a combination of
inserts/reads/updates over 100K rows, looks good.

J-D

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.0.1 RC1

Posted by Dinesh Bhat <di...@cloudera.com>.
+1 non-binding

- Checked checksums
- Release bits built on centos6.6
- Ran test under distributed test, 4 tests failed, _no_ regressions seen:
  2 of them failed due to network flakiness
  1 of them seems like a test bug(will triage-and-fix).
  1 of them needs RCA/trying-to-repro.

Thanks,
Dinesh.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.0.1 RC1

Posted by David Alves <da...@gmail.com>.
+0 Compiled thirdparty successfully, but couldn't compile the sources in
macOS Sierra/XCode 8 as this is missing
https://gerrit.cloudera.org/#/c/4482/ and
https://gerrit.cloudera.org/#/c/4495/

Since this is just a bug fix/doc update release and this problem only
affects macOS (macOS is only supported for development and development is
usually made on trunk) I don't think this issue should hold the release.

-david

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.0.1 RC1

Posted by Dan Burkert <da...@cloudera.com>.
+1