Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@oracle.com> on 2016/11/29 15:24:14 UTC

Incremental Re: Switching to Git

On čtvrtek 24. listopadu 2016 21:07:19 CET Emilian Bold wrote:
> It's unclear to me how history would be preserved with an incremental
> approach.
> I would prefer we migrate the whole thing in one piece with history and all.

If the git repo is in read only mode and we just update the patches from the
Hg repository, then it shouldn't be that big problem. Do you have a page/
builder/config showing how do you do the conversion?

Thanks.
-jt

Re: Incremental Re: Switching to Git

Posted by Ivan Soleimanipour <iv...@oracle.com>.
On 11/29/16 08:45, Emilian Bold wrote:
> How long do you estimate this license check / migration will take?
>
> Because I don't see how the git repo would be of much help in read-only
> mode.

But it will be a throwaway repo, no?
Or is there a scheme being concocted to keep the two repo's in sync?

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.