Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2017/06/01 00:33:09 UTC

Re: [VOTE]: Apache Weex-incubating Release 0.12.0-RC4

Hi,

Sorry but it’s -1 binding as the source release contains compiled code. [1]

I checked:
- name contains incubating
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE is OK (some minor issues)
- NOTICE is good
- source contains compiled code [1]
- a source file is missing an ASF header [7] There a few other xml and css file that could also have headers added.
- unable compile from source

Some other minor (IMO non blocking) issues:
- For license you may want to add OCMock (Apache license)
- These two files seem to have double headers [2][3] I assume the Alibaba one can be removed?
- Copyright (c) 2014-present, Facebook, Inc. All rights reserved.” from LICENSE does't match what is in the files copyright Facebook.
- LICENSE contains incorrect boilerplate text (copyright line)
- May be missing BSD license SocketRocket [4][5][6]?

I think the README may require a bit more instructions on how to compile as it looks like a few environment variable need to be set up. (i.e ANDROID_HOME) before the scripts are run.

Thanks,
Justin

1. ./apache-weex-incubating-0.12.0-RC4-src/ios/sdk/WeexSDKTests/dependency/libOCMock.a
2. ./apache-weex-incubating-0.12.0-RC4-src/ios/sdk/WeexSDK/Sources/Component/WXLoadingComponent.m
3. ./apache-weex-incubating-0.12.0-RC4-src/ios/sdk/WeexSDK/Sources/Module/WXNavigatorModule.m
4. ./apache-weex-incubating-0.12.0-RC4-src/ios/sdk/WeexSDK/dependency/SRWebSocket.h
5. ./apache-weex-incubating-0.12.0-RC4-src/ios/sdk/WeexSDK/dependency/SRWebSocket.m
6. https://github.com/facebook/SocketRocket/blob/master/LICENSE
7. ./apache-weex-incubating-0.12.0-RC4-src/android/sdk/src/main/java/org/apache/weex/ui/view/listview/ExtendedStaggeredGridLayoutManager.java

Re: [VOTE]: Apache Weex-incubating Release 0.12.0-RC4

Posted by sospartan <so...@gmail.com>.
Okay, I see. Thank you for point it out. Lesson learned.

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 11:58 AM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > All issues is fixed except this one:
> >> LICENSE contains incorrect boilerplate text (copyright line)
>
> This line:
> Copyright 2017 The Apache Software Foundation
>
> Should be:
> Copyright [yyyy] [name of copyright owner]
>
> As it’s instructions for 3rd parties in how they can apply the Apache
> license to their code. See [1].
>
> Thanks,
> Justin
>
> 1. https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt

Best Regards!

sospartan
http://weex.apache.org/ <https://weex-project.io/>

Re: [VOTE]: Apache Weex-incubating Release 0.12.0-RC4

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by sospartan <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

All issues is fixed except this one:
>  LICENSE contains incorrect boilerplate text (copyright line)
See file here
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-weex.git;a=blob;f=LICENSE;h=ca146a698f3b3950ed7b36aae8c90bf1bd76b91d;hb=refs/heads/dev

I don't understand this issue. What is 'incorrect boilerplate text'?
Raphael, please help me on this one.

Posted by Raphael Bircher <rb...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by sospartan <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the review. We are working on these issue now. And
another RC will make.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Raphael Bircher <rb...@gmail.com>.