Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Zheng Lv <lv...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/18 03:49:34 UTC

Exception when using SequenceFile

Hello Everyone,
    We have been using SequenceFile(GZIP) to save some data in our product,
but we got the following exceptions recently, which never occurred before:

    java.io.EOFException at
java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:197) at
java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:169) at
org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.init(SequenceFile.java:1450) at
org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.(SequenceFile.java:1428) at
org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.(SequenceFile.java:1417) at
org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.(SequenceFile.java:1412) at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.SequenceFileRecordReader.initialize(SequenceFileRecordReader.java:50)
at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$NewTrackingRecordReader.initialize(MapTask.java:414)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:517) at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.run(MapTask.java:303) at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Child.main(Child.java:170)

  We googled it, but got nothing. Now we restart the hadoop and the
application and until now the exception doesn't occur. But we want to know
why the exception happened and how to avoid it.
  Any suggestion will help, thanks a lot.
  LvZheng.

Re: Exception when using SequenceFile