Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Patrick McCabe <pa...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/03 15:36:25 UTC

Redirect to specific page after login

Hi All

I am in the very early stages of developing a portal site, and I am looking
into how everything works.  What I can't figure out for the life of me is
how to get a user redirected to a specific page after login.

I want a user to be able to browse the site while not logged in, then when
he/she comes to a part of the site that requires authentication, we can log
them in, and they will return to that part of the site.  Seems simple
enough, but I can't figure this out.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pat McCabe

Re: Redirect to specific page after login

Posted by wa...@wispertel.net.
Patrick,

This is relatively simple. All one has to do is develop the complete
browsing site for all users, (or just the guest user). The remaining pages
that you wish to protect have login pages for the guest user. The
protected pages also have versions that are meant for authenticated users.
These can be made visible for everyone except the guest user. Thus, when a
user logs in, the authenticated pages replace the logins.

See related topics: Profiling and Security Constraints/Permissions.

Randy