Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by johnluo1 <jo...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/17 23:39:19 UTC

hiding ssl store passwords

Hi,

I want to use SSL for my transportConnector. But I don't want the passwords
to be either stored in activemq.xml or show up in command line.

1.) If I specify like following, password will be stored as clear text in
activem.xml
             <sslContext>
                <sslContext
                keyStore="broker.ks" keyStorePassword="password"
                trustStore="client.ts" trustStorePassword="password"/>
            </sslContext>

2.)  If I use SSL_OPTS like following, and if I do a "ps -aef |grep
activemq", I will see the passwords in command line.

export SSL_OPTS="-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=broker.ks
-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=password
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=client.ts
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=password"

I have a standalone utility for getting the passwords. What would be the
easiest way to achieve my goal?

Thanks in advance!!
John

Re: hiding ssl store passwords

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
There is some good documentation at
http://activemq.apache.org/encrypted-passwords.html

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: hiding ssl store passwords

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi John,

there's an open feature request to support this

Maybe you can start looking there.

<https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2460>Cheers

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net