Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Darren Hartford <dh...@ghsinc.com> on 2006/02/15 16:45:29 UTC

Example/howto reference for webdav queries?

Hey all,
First, are all webdav queries the same for different webdav servers?
i.e., for Jakarta Slide this example works, but does it work for other
webdav servers:

"<D:searchrequest xmlns:D=\"DAV:\">" +
        		"<D:basicsearch>" +
        		"<D:select>" +
        		"<D:allprop/>" +
        		"</D:select>" +
        		"<D:from>" +
        		"           <D:scope>" +
        		"
<D:href>/slide/teststore</D:href>" +
        		"               <D:depth>infinity</D:depth>" +
        		"           </D:scope>" +
        		"       </D:from>" +
        		"       <D:where>" +
        		"           <D:eq>" +
        		"
<D:prop><D:displayname/></D:prop>" +
        		"               <D:literal>HSM.doc</D:literal>"
+
        		"           </D:eq>" +
        		"       </D:where>" +
        		"   </D:basicsearch>" +
        		"</D:searchrequest>";

Second, whether a webdav query is the same for all webdav servers, or
this is Slide-specific, where is there a good reference for this query
structure?

Forgive my ignorance, just trying to learn me something ;-)

-D

Re: Example/howto reference for webdav queries?

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
Darren Hartford wrote:
> Hey all,
> First, are all webdav queries the same for different webdav servers?

Well, only if they use the standard features (where we really can't talk
about a "standard" yet, because it's not even an RFC).

> i.e., for Jakarta Slide this example works, but does it work for other
> webdav servers:
>
> "<D:searchrequest xmlns:D=\"DAV:\">" +
>         		"<D:basicsearch>" +
>         		"<D:select>" +
>         		"<D:allprop/>" +
>         		"</D:select>" +
>         		"<D:from>" +
>         		"           <D:scope>" +
>         		"
> <D:href>/slide/teststore</D:href>" +
>         		"               <D:depth>infinity</D:depth>" +
>         		"           </D:scope>" +
>         		"       </D:from>" +
>         		"       <D:where>" +
>         		"           <D:eq>" +
>         		"
> <D:prop><D:displayname/></D:prop>" +
>         		"               <D:literal>HSM.doc</D:literal>"
> +
>         		"           </D:eq>" +
>         		"       </D:where>" +
>         		"   </D:basicsearch>" +
>         		"</D:searchrequest>";

This should work everywhere, but keep in mind that DAV:displayname may
bary across servers (for instance, in SAP KM and Apache/moddav, the
property will only be set when it indeed was explicitly set).

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-search-latest.html>

> Forgive my ignorance, just trying to learn me something ;-)
>
> -D

Best regards, Julian